Two displaced after electrical fire in Mohawk
MOHAWK — Two people were displaced following an electrical fire on the outside of a home in the Village of Mohawk in Herkimer County Saturday night, according to the Mohawk Fire Department.
Fire Chief Joe Crisino said the alarm was raised at about 9:22 p.m. Saturday for a fire on the outside of 68 E. Main St. Volunteers from four local departments responded and Crisino said they had the fire knocked down in about half an hour.
"We believe it was electrical in nature," Chief Crisino stated.
"There was some damage on the inside, in one portion of the house."
Crews worked both on the outside and inside the home, the chief explained. He said it was a smooth knockdown, with no problems from the cold, other than some slippery conditions. The chief said no one was injured.
Electricity to the home was shut off, the chief said, so two residents have been displaced. The American Red Cross is assisting those two with shelter, food and clothing.
The Mohawk, Ilion, East Herkimer and Frankfort fire departments responded to the scene.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here