Return home

Rome man faces third contempt charge

Posted 5/16/22

ROME — A 20-year-old man is facing his third contempt charge in Rome so far this year for continued harassment of a woman, according to the Rome Police Department. Police said Wilfredo Cotto III, of …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Rome man faces third contempt charge

Posted

ROME — A 20-year-old man is facing his third contempt charge in Rome so far this year for continued harassment of a woman, according to the Rome Police Department.

Police said Wilfredo Cotto III, of Rome, opened a bedroom window from the outside in the 100 block of Turin St. around 10:50 p.m. April 23, ordering the woman inside to open the front door for him. Police said the woman did so out of fear of Cotto.

Police say Cotto warned her not to open the door for the officers. When she went to get up, police said Cotto grabbed her wrist and swung her onto the couch. He then slipped out of the residence.

A warrant was issued for Cotto and he was taken into custody very early Friday morning, police stated. Cotto is charged with felony first-degree contempt for violating an order of protection and second-degree harassment, police said. He is scheduled to appear in Rome City Court.

Cotto was previously charged with contempt Jan. 12 and March 22 for other violations of the order of protection, according to Rome Police.

Comments

No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here