ORISKANY — Oriskany Central School is in the process of a candidate search for a new principal of N. A. Walbran Elementary School.
At a special Board of Education meeting held Aug. 5, it was announced that Junior/Senior High School Principal Jamie Grimshaw was resigning from his position. Board of Education members then voted to approve Walbran principal Mark Ranieri as the new junior/senior high school principal. Superintendent Timothy Gaffney said Grimshaw resigned to take a position with another school district.
Board members also approved James VanWormer to serve as interim principal of N.A. Walbran.
“We are currently advertising and screening applicants for the new N.A. Walbran principal position,” Gaffney said. “Mr. Jim VanWormer is currently our intern building principal until we find a successful candidate.”
Other resignations announced were Kelly Nuccio, junior/senior high school science teacher, teaching assistant Ronald Rudwall, and cleaner Philip LaScala.
Under new business, the following were approved for positions by the Board of Education:
• Robin Dhara, English 7-12.
• Caroline Bookstaver, social studies 7-12.
• Kelly Kernan, 10-month teacher assistant.
• Gianna Pepperine, substitute teacher, uncertified.
• Christina Cummings, 10-month school monitor.
• Philip LaScala, building maintenance worker (Oneida County Civil Service) at N. A. Walbran Elementary.