On Thursday, there were 27 COVID-19-related deaths reported across New York and the seven-day statewide average infection positivity rate was 2.76% Friday afternoon.
In Oneida County, there were 157 new cases of COVID-19 and two new virus-related deaths on Thursday. The positivity rate is 4.6%.
There were 60 Oneida County residents hospitalized (41 unvaccinated/19 vaccinated) with 38 at Mohawk Valley Health System, 10 at Rome Health and 12 out of the county.
In additional county data, it was reported that as of Thursday, there were 1,102 active cases of COVID-19, with 2,060 people in mandatory isolation and quarantine.
As of Friday, there have been 465 virus-related deaths in Oneida County since the spring of 2020.
"We are continuing to closely watch the numbers in every corner of the state and are prepared to dispatch all necessary resources wherever we see a spike of new infections," Gov. Kathy Hochul said in a release. "We cannot afford to let our guard down, especially as we get deeper into the fall season and people start to spend more of their time indoors. I urge everyone to continue practicing basic safety measures, and if you still need to get your shot, that should be a priority because every day that you put it off you remain vulnerable to COVID-19."
COVID-19 information links
• In Oneida County, vaccine appointments and walk-ins are available at county-operated sites. To book an appointment, visit www.ocgov.net.
• Scheduling a vaccine appointment can also be completed at: vaccines.gov.
• COVID-19 case numbers and vaccination rates are available on Oneida County’s online Dashboard at: https://bit.ly/3A85tLp
• To see COVID-19 information for Madison County, visit: https://on.ny.gov/3je8vr0
• The New York State Department of Health offers statewide information on COVID-19 at: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov
• To see a state compiled COVID-19 breakthrough data report, which displays COVID-19 breakthrough cases, hospitalizations and in-depth data over time, visit: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/covid-19-breakthrough-data-report
• To see the states collection of data on COVID-19 variants, visit: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/covid-19-variant-data