TOWN OF LEE — A kerosene spill at a mobile home on Harris Road was cleaned up with assistance from the state Department of Environmental Conversation on Thursday.
Lee Center Fire Lt. Bill Baker said a mobile home on Harris Road shifted off its foundation sometime overnight between Wednesday and Thursday, causing the fuel line to break on the underside. Baker said at least 150 gallons of kerosene spilled out into the back yard, covering several hundred square feet of property.
“It was spread quite a bit,” Baker noted.
The Lee Center Fire Department responded and put down chemicals to clean up the spilled kerosene, along with dams and blockades to keep it from spreading any further.
Baker said the state Department of Environmental Conservation was contacted to supervise the clean-up, alongside Eggan Environmental.
Baker said the kerosene spill did not impact any waterways, creeks or wells. He said no one was harmed by the spill or the fumes.