Boiler burn at Beacon Center in Rome
ROME — A motor malfunction in the basement boiler of the Beacon Center led to a fire department response Wednesday afternoon, according to the Rome Fire Department.
Deputy Fire Chief Scott Burch said that a motor burnt in the boiler system of the West Liberty Street building, leading to a call to 911 at about 5:26 p.m. Fire crews responded to the scene and found smoke and heat throughout the building, with no fire, the chief stated.
Firefighters worked to clear the smoke and diminish the heat. The deputy chief said no one was injured.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here