About the Sentinel Media Company
- Sentinel Media Company proudly publishes the Daily Sentinel, Boonville Herald, The Weekender and URSentinel.com, in addition to several niche publications throughout the year.
- Published since the 1820s, named the Sentinel since the 1840s, owned by the same family since 1864, printed daily since the 1880s, we are proud to provide news and advertising for the Mohawk Valley region and surrounding communities. Today, the original Sentinel is now the Daily Sentinel.
- Both on paper and on the Internet, news is what you need to know to plan your best life. As such, local news -- journalism done right -- has a great future. We give you a blend of what you need and what you want, mixed with the best judgments of editors with years of training and experience, all at an affordable price.
Who We Are
- Over six generations and nearly 160 years, the Kessingers, Barnards, and Waters have served the community helping to grow business and build quality of life.
- Our local newsroom meets daily deadlines so your Daily Sentinel, Boonville Herald and The Weekender can be delivered to your mailbox promptly.
- Our team knows the Mohawk Valley region, many of our employees have worked at our company for decades, and active involvement in the community is encouraged.
- The Sentinel Media Company employs all local staff. There’s no outsourcing of any service.
What we deliver
- Daily Sentinel — 8,500 copies printed daily along with 23,000 printed copies of The Weekender.
- URSentinel.com — Roughly 1.2 million pageviews each month.
- Boonville Herald — Over 3,500 copies printed each week.
Delivered fresh each day
- News is what you need to know to plan your best future.
- Information is what you want to know about your world.
- Opinion is solid judgment to add insight and context in an increasingly complex world.
- Local news and advertising first
- National news
- Sports news and overnight scores
- Today's Living focusing on health, seniors, arts and learning, entertainment, home, and religion
- Classified advertising